This project began as a way to improve the functionality of the kitchen by eliminating a pair of swinging doors and replacing them with sliding ones. But going from a pair of very cheap, builder grade doors to these has a significant aesthetic benefit as well.
The photo doesn’t really show it, but I replaced the trim with oak as well, which helped to tie it all together. The top trim board was tied in to a nice quarter-sawn white oak valence board which hides the rolling mechanism.
The rolling system works so well that I had to add something to hold the doors closed: the slightest touch would cause them to slide open slightly. I did this with a couple pieces of spring steel which act as a brake in the last 4 inches of travel.
At the very top of the photo you can see just a bit of the tin ceiling which went in with this renovation. At the bottom is the new floating vinyl floor which I just recently completed as well. The only remaining item to complete the kitchen now is replacement of the windows!